New years are always so exciting because they allow us to reflect on our accomplishments and our failures, but most importantly make wholehearted decisions to improve our personal, spiritual, and professional lives. After much thought here are my New Year’s Resolutions…
1. To give myself entirely to the process of becoming God’s instrument in all aspects of my life.
2. To make choices that reflect His character so that I may serve as a shining light for all those around me.
3. To keep my faith in love, relationships, and the human spirit.
4. To let go of my past sins especially the ones that I’m so tired of committing.
5. To study His word and share in His wisdom.
6. To lose 20lbs aka “Say No to Oreos!”
7. To start writing my book
8. To be aware of the words I speak today so that I can eventually learn to use my words in helping to build others up.
9. To live up to this quote from Matthews 7…”First take the stick out of your own eye. Then you will be able to see to take the dust out of your brother’s eye.”
10. Find a Phd program that will best serve my purpose on this earth.
Keep in mind a resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something. I challenge you in 2013 to turn your decisions into actions! Happy New Years everyone!